Tuesday 10 December 2013

Day 10 - Meeting & sunshine!

Day 10 (December 10th, 2013) Last night, after I updated my post, we went to Dr. Hansen’s room to try the cake Mary Anna baked for us. It was delicious! Tasted like banana bread. Wanted to mention that before I forgot! Today was a work day for the other three students – their presentation is tomorrow afternoon. At 10 am, Dr. Hansen and I went to a preschool close to the house where we are staying. The preschool coordinator is well-known on the island as a child nutrition advocate. She does not tolerate junk food or sugar-sweetened beverages in her center. She has created a mascot, jingle, and video that promotes healthy eating. This lady is amazing. She gave me great advice for the educational tools I will be creating. After the meeting, we headed back to the house. Amelia and I had a picnic on the veranda. After lunch, I sat outside and listened to country music on my iPod. It was the perfect laying out weather – partly cloudy with a light breeze. I may have gotten a little sunburnt, but it was definitely worth it! Later this evening, we ate icicles (Mr. Freezie's) with Kijahna and Rianna on the veranda; the girls are 12 and 7 if I haven't mentioned their ages. I'm going to miss their cute little accents! Tomorrow we are heading to the Health Ministry; the presentation is at 3. We are going to the market after to pick up last minute souvenirs. I cannot believe my time in Saint Lucia is coming to an end, only 3 days left on the island. It has been such as amazing experience. So glad I was given the opportunity. Hope everyone is staying warm back home. Peace, love, Saint Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment