Sunday 15 December 2013

Day 14 - HOME

Day 14 (December 14th, 2013) Even though I had a king size bed all to myself, I didn’t sleep well. Dr. Hansen and I met for breakfast and then took the shuttle to the airport. We checked in outside and weren’t charged for our bags! We headed for security and the line was insane! It went quicker than I expected. We took the plane train to our gate and waited. And waited and waited. The crew was late and when they arrived, maintenance had to be done on the plane. We boarded half hour late and then had to wait another half hour on the runway. The line of planes waiting to take off was crazy long. Thankfully it was a short flight, 2 hours. My sister met me at baggage claim; I said goodbye to Dr. Hansen and we headed to Ankeny. My parents drove down to pick me up; we ate at the Waterfront before heading back to Eldora. I was exhausted. I unpacked a little and then headed to Independence to see my boyfriend. Two weeks is way too long! Iowa is snowy and cold; I am definitely missing Saint Lucia weather! I am happy to be home and excited to complete my capstone project. Only 11 days till Christmas! Thank you all for reading – it was such an amazing experience. I cannot wait to return to the island. Peace, love, Saint Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment