Sunday 15 December 2013

Day 13 - Last morning on the island

Day 13 (December 13th, 2013) Last morning on the island. Amelia and I made arrangements with Cuthy to drive us to the beach at 10 am. It was another windy day. We walked back and forth down the beach – taking pictures and enjoying the view. We had lunch at Island Breeze, another restaurant on the beach. We each ordered a rum beach – this batch was very, very strong. I had coconut shrimp and a side salad, Amelia ordered crab back and a salad. The food was so good. I am going to miss the fresh seafood! After lunch, we headed back to the beach. Took more pictures and waded in the ocean. At 12:30, Cuthy picked us up and took us back to the guesthouse. I got a little teary eyed in the car. I was not ready to leave. I showered, packed up, and met Dr. Hansen and Ursula downstairs. George Lee was driving us to the airport at 1:30; our flights left at 4 pm. While checking-in, my checked bag was 6 pounds over, Dr. Hansen generously offered to pack some of my stuff in her suitcase. I guess I bought too much stuff! After the bag situation was figured out, we went through security and waited to depart. The airport had shops so we wandered around and bought last minute souvenirs and grabbed lunch. Dr. Hansen and I were headed to Atlanta and Ursula to Miami; we said our goodbyes and loaded our planes. The plane to Atlanta was awesome. Each seat had its own personal TV. During the 5 hour flight I watched Despicable Me 2, We are the Millers, and an episode of New Girl. Fasted 5 hours ever! We arrived in Atlanta around 8 pm, went through customs and baggage claim, and were in a cab to our hotel around 9 – way faster than I anticipated! Dr. Hansen and I stayed at the Sheraton Gateway – super fancy hotel. I ordered a burger and fries from room service and rearranged my bags so Dr. Hansen wouldn’t have to carry my things. I had a king size bed all to myself. It was super comfy; just what I needed after a long flight. Tomorrow our flight departs Atlanta at 10:30 am for Des Moines! I’m almost home.

No comments:

Post a Comment